The Republic Of Nasam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Storyline for: "It Started With a Headache (( OR Damn You, Peter Rabbit))"

2 posters

Go down

Official Storyline for: "It Started With a Headache (( OR Damn You, Peter Rabbit))" Empty Official Storyline for: "It Started With a Headache (( OR Damn You, Peter Rabbit))"

Post  Anamys Sun May 01, 2011 3:13 am

Storyline Day 1

April 30th

It seems some people in the Republic are complaining of painful, chronic headaches.

Storyline Day 2

May 1st

It seems multiple people are suffering increasingly painful headaches. The Scholar District identified it as possibly food poisoning at the Noblegarden Event. Many suffering illness had blood samples taken for the Scholars to further research.

Storyline Day 3

May 2nd

The headaches previously reported have taken an interesting development. Those afflicted describe it as "moving throughout the rest of their body," as if their headache was pervasive throughout their limbs. ((Sorry about this update, sent it last night but connection is awful.))

Storyline Day 4

May 3rd

Symptoms mounting. In addition to the chronic headaches and extended body pain, those afflicted are beginning to break out in high fevers while sweating profusely. It is advised that everyone keep up their fluids. Vilmand's research on the virus (found here https://therepublicofnasam.forumotion.com/t116-vilmand-s-report-blood-tests-conducted-in-relation-with-current-illness) identifies this as a virus. This is somewhat contagious, so exercise caution in interactions with sick people. A quarantine may be issued.

Storyline Day 5

May 4th

Conditions severe. Those afflicted have begun coughing heavily, often expelling blood. This is in addition to the previous symptoms. The Scholars are wearily working to find a cure.

Storyline Day 6

May 5th

Quarantine issued in Valiance Keep. Additional symptoms are: Hallucinations, both Auditory and Visual; Distorted thoughts; and Psychotic Delusions. All of these are in conjunction with all previous symptoms.

OOC:

This is the official thread for the "It Started with a Headache ((OR Damn You, Peter Rabbit))" storyline, it will be updated daily. Although the DM's are Anamys and Opide, this is an open development storyline. Any substantial advances in the storyline are to be proposed to them before being enacted (i.e. finding a cure, additional symptoms, etc.). The virus is intended to only be mildly contagious, so participation is obligatory; join in only if you want to.

In this storyline, the virus can only be spread to other members of the Republic (more on why it's guild specific as the storyline (SL) develops. In this storyline, Draenei are incapable of contracting the virus (again, more on that as the SL develops). The symptoms of the virus will update every day, as it is becomes more complex in its affliction. Anybody engaging in the storyline should follow the basic symptoms. No, you don't have to die (unless you really want to spice up the story). No, it won't morph your character into a porpoise or anything more unnatural than what you are already.

Feel free to post how your character deals with the storyline in this forum and most definitely feel free to act out this storyline in the game. I'll post my take on the storyline just below.

Anamys' Story

The more stressed out I become, the more I turn to my strange hobbies for diversion. After the Noblegarden's festivities, I began to feel the onset of an exceptionally irritable headache. My mind went back to a less private time in my life. I recall being a young girl on a transport vessel. Every night the same old drunken sod would lullaby himself to sleep in the night over the crashing waves. It didn't matter which vessel, as there was one on every sea journey.

To ease this growing gnawing feeling at my brain, I decided on turning to my favourite vice – tarot. My affluence for this mystifying art is difficult to explain, but the unique sensation I feel flowing down my spine is un.... hmm... I won't bother myself with that story tonight. I decided I'd toss a fresh head of lettuce in the crate of that rabbit Opide gave me during the party. I apparently got an unenthusiastic one, it seemed tired, possibly sickly. I resolved to not take getting the shit of the litter personally. A proper name for it, I decided, would be Bastard.

Fortunes are best read in threes with tarot, or at least that's my philosophy. Past, present, and future. As any proper sailor, former or otherwise, it is a simple matter to incomprehensibly shuffle a deck of cards in the blink of an eye. A little flash for my personal amusement. Whose seer was I to be that night? I could think of just the person. The Seven of Blades, ah, it seemed as though something had been stolen. No, my insight wouldn't shake that one... Something important had been stolen.

Damn that headache. Damn thieves. I decided that I was going to finish that reading later, slumber beckoned, and I never deny it's scream when I have the resources. I reasoned I'd finish off that bottle off rum and hope to pass out soon.

Whenever I arose the next morning, I had the type of hangover that only seems sensible to cure with more alcohol. Just as I stumbled out of bed, I knocked over my wretched bedside candle. The melted wax from burning all night spilled all on the That would be a pleasure to clean. Maybe I'd just get a new rug instead.

I knew an old remedy that would assuage the throbbing of this pulsing in my brain. Thought I'd check up and see how the ol' Bastard was. He wasn't. As I loomed closer to him, I could tell the hopper was dead. I quickly covered it with a cloth and reminded myself to ignore animals until I could get a proper hound. I poured a jug of water down my throat and insisted on going back to sleep

I woke up at night, unusual. This headache was beginning to feel like napalm affixed to the inside of my skull. I embarked to seek out an apothecary who could really knock this thing out of the horizon.

Last edited by Anamys on Thu May 05, 2011 3:59 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Daily upkeep with symptoms)

Anamys
Officer

Back to top Go down

Official Storyline for: "It Started With a Headache (( OR Damn You, Peter Rabbit))" Empty Re: Official Storyline for: "It Started With a Headache (( OR Damn You, Peter Rabbit))"

Post  Anamys Mon May 02, 2011 9:42 am

Anamys' Story, Part 2

When I woke up I embarked to seek out an apothecary who would possibly use alchemical means to veritably obliterate the ache of my mind. An account of what happened that evening is nearly worthless to give.

I met Karell who also was suffering an awful headache such as mine. Our conversation was strange due to the people who were pursuing Karell. I can safely say that a day around her is never uninteresting. Even I know when to make haste and get out of town, and the nymphomaniac who was chasing Karell warranted that due haste. Possibly due to some degree of drunkenness (and I should note, alcohol is hardly a remedy for that kind of headache) I forgot many of the events that happened... Some strange memories of us leaping off the sky-island of Dalaran.

Nonsense.

The weekend was not a good one for me, I had decided. Perhaps it was the pervasive, increasingly bothersome headache. Perhaps it was the waking up in random parts of the world, evident of my pointless adventures. Ah, even further it could have been the fact that I was either drunk of furthering the pain of my headache with ripe hangovers. No matter what, I resolved to lay off the alcohol until this had passed.

I arose under the boughs of Teldrassil. I adjust quickly to climates, but there is always something dreamy about this home of the elves. It may have granted me a favourable night of sleep, just this once.

I wandered into the heart of Darnassus and looked up at the sky to gather the time. Ah, the sun was approximately between the east and the west somewhere within that looming purple haze. I tried my luck by asking one of the Kal'dorei what time it was. I knew I picked the wrong elf the moment he started squinting at me.

“Just because Tyrande wants us in your Alliance doesn't mean I have to like it,” the old elf said with an air of superiority. How could one not appreciate such an aptly relevant response? I saw one of the sentinels, posture perfect by a rising marble column.

“Elune-Adore,” she rattled with an even, disciplined voice – one that might have been met with total lack of promise were it not for the peculiar smile she met me with. One could contemplate a single look granted and the tone of voice and take it all kinds of ways. This smirk was oddly recognizable to me, though. I have no idea how, but she seemed extremely familiar to me. I hate when people act like they know me.

“Do you have any idea what time it is?” I asked. She rattled something out almost like bal'nu anshia plashana zarani'qui hur hur hur imanelf. I let her know how useless this was to me. She smirked again. I supposed I was spoiled to all elves being fluent in the common language humans seemed to share. Her smirk widened a bit. Bitch was playing me, that's what it was. She was just enjoying watching me riddle over the time.

Shortly afterward I gathered what time it was from a certain elf at the simple expense of possibly being recognized as hostile in certain parts of Darnassus. My reputation with the elves was not a weak one, so I knew things would smooth over in time. I found myself making haste to the Valiance Keep. I was nearly late for a senate meeting.

Whenever I got to the senate building, I looked up at the chandeliers. The candles burned brightly and seemed to bore through my eyes. It was as if light had become some intolerable wench who knew just how to bypass my tolerance and burned directly into my mind.

No. No. This senate meeting was to be important. Senator Turadis was to be absent and I would have to stand in for him. Ever since I began my position as the director of the Scholar District, Opide made it well known to me that she would help me out with any business on behalf of the Scholar District. She lived up to this promise 100%, for that I am most grateful. She took me aside and whispered into my ear, “There have been numerous reports about people suffering painful headaches, all people who attended the Scholar District's Noblegarden party.” My eyes opened wide, I looked around... This wasn't good, I hope we weren't responsible for food poisoning. Either way, we'd take responsibility. I would immediately address this before the senate.

The building slowly filled up and the meeting began. Senator Selissine addressed the state of the military's affairs. The military, I'm afraid, wasn't on my mind. When given the time to speak, I immediately addressed that there may have been food poisoning involved at the party. Opide gave an account of the issue at hands and I assured all that the Scholar District would ensure any medical expenses would be compensated.

I also had to push my headache away for this next part. The Republic has been rising as a prestige nation. Our strength was, by no means, becoming negligible. After a short meeting with Vilmand, it seemed like it would be prudent to make a scrying tower for the Scholar District. By Neptulon's Trident, we were going to change the way scrying was thought of. I asked for a large section of the keep to secure for the construction and housing of this project. I went on to demand that such a project to be guarded at all costs. I had confidence the area would be granted and the military would fulfill its duties. The Commander-in-Chief granted me both of these things. I would have to meet with Vilmand and Matrina as soon as the meeting was over.

Beyond that, I was taking special initiative to pursue the endorsement of active senators to place in office. I endorsed Matrina Kalithas and the Priestess Metah. Conclusion of senate votes would take place this very week, and I had to press for my candidates.

After the meeting, Vilmand, Emunah, Opide, and I attempted to meet with all people suffering the ailment at hand. Emunah investigated characteristics of the ailment and Vilmand took blood samples. Vilmand's knowledge of disease would prove invaluable. It seemed an exhaustive way to address food poisoning.. but how often does food poisoning give one a headache and completely ignore the digestive system? The Scholars could at least save face by taking great responsibility in the matter.

I offered myself for the first blood sample to instill faith in Vilmand. The very way he speaks is enough to unnerve people, and I must invest all confidences in my own.

Before Vilmand was to take the blood samples, I gathered him and Matrina for plans on the scrying project. My respect for them shot through the roof as we prepared a fine outlook for getting this project off the ground and all around the world. This project was to be beyond even my absurd expectations, and much of its details will be classified.

After a very fruitful meeting, I retired at the inn in Theramore. I was thankful this city was full of Kul Tiras folk like myself, they're the only ones who know how to make a nice bed. I'm not at all spoiled, but I can appreciate a place to lay back and rest my eyes anytime. This headache was getting worse, and it was as if it was manifesting itself beyond my head. How does one get a headache in their arm? I surrendered myself to sleep.

Anamys
Officer

Back to top Go down

Official Storyline for: "It Started With a Headache (( OR Damn You, Peter Rabbit))" Empty Re: Official Storyline for: "It Started With a Headache"

Post  Dahrkness Mon May 02, 2011 1:47 pm

OOC

Dranei cannot catch this disease. Can they carry it?

- Vycktor

Dahrkness
Officer

Back to top Go down

Official Storyline for: "It Started With a Headache (( OR Damn You, Peter Rabbit))" Empty Re: Official Storyline for: "It Started With a Headache (( OR Damn You, Peter Rabbit))"

Post  Anamys Tue May 03, 2011 6:53 am

Dahrkness wrote:OOC

Dranei cannot catch this disease. Can they carry it?

- Vycktor

Yes, they can carry it. Thanks for asking, I left that equivocal on accident.

Anamys
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Anamys Tue May 03, 2011 2:23 pm

Anamys' Story cont...

As I awoke to a new day, I realized that my symptoms had worsened immediately. My headache felt as though it had fully spread throughout my body. It is difficult to explain, but this distinctive mental ache felt pervasive throughout my entirety. It was as though my mind was corrupted with pain and this corruption spread through.

It takes a substantially greater force than pain to stop me.

The only way I could get my mind off of this was to dive facefirst into my research. I had important information to gather for Vilmand and Matrina regarding our project, which would have many trials before it would see the light of day. This would be the least of my trials, I forced myself to think.

Many are familiar with headaches. You press on the sinuses and that extra pressure seems packed with pain. Each turn of a page – my fingertips felt as though they were sensitive sinuses with every exposure to pressure. It is difficult to block out pain from the mind that originates in the mind.

Every light felt to my eyes as screaming did to my ears. Among my many strange possessions, I keep a jar of larvae that can be crushed, their blood creates a calm source of bluish light. Utilization of these insects was a useful trick I learned reading at night in ship cabins during stormy weather. I would never keep them out of stock, so long as I could help it. Magic lighting may do, but I wouldn't have to think to maintain it. All too often, the physical solution is much more practical than the magical one, provided you have the means. Only a magic user could understand that. Blocking out all other lights, this was much more easy on my eyes. Just enough light to read without straining, just enough darkness to stave off the “screaming.”

I researched through the day until I felt completely dissociated with time. It wasn't until later that I woke up to a light tapping at my door. I opened the door, looked beneath me, and fell into the ocean.

Anamys
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Anamys Thu May 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Anamys' Story cont...

I closed my eyes just as I was about to plunge into the water, bracing myself for the chill of the dark waters.

I waited.

When I dared to opened my eyes, only to find myself laying on the floor wrapped tightly in a wet wool blanket. At first I had this bizarre notion that I had done something reserved for the behaviours of children – I thought I had wet the bed. Perhaps even more disturbing, as I came to realize, I had been sweating profusely. I had also been dreaming, much to my shock. My papers were strewn everywhere.

I tried to gather the papers up whenever I started shivering, a grotesque symptom associated with my incredibly high fever. I was burning up, sweating rivers, and shaking. Maybe that would make for a proper riddle if I got the chance to tweak it with some adjusted fanciful wording.

Pressing hard on my hearthstone and closing my eyes, a brief thought of where I was going flashed through my suffering mind. I found myself in the trusty, chill tavern at Valiance Keep. I all but collapsed in a seat when James Deacon walked towards me.

“You look awful, can I get you anything to drink?” Ass.

“I need a bucket of water with a straw,” I said seriously.

As he walked off hopefully understanding my weak-willed humour, I realized that I needed to get something done about finding a cure. I had a team of some of the brightest minds in Azeroth. Vilmand's report was impressive, but it only brought more questions. At least these questions had a point to them. The question that burned in my mind was what could have been the catalyst? Some magical means certainly pushed this virus into something nasty. That doesn't happen on accident. This was spreading quickly and it wasn't a joke anymore.

Deacon plopped an absurdly large tankard, the table moved with the sloshing of the water in it. Deacon walked off with a self accomplished grin and I conceded to forgive him of his comment earlier. Come to think of it, I was still wearing this sweat-stained robe. Not my most becoming look.

I placed some coin on the table and prepared to hole myself up in the Republic's libraries. I was going to find out what I needed to cure this virus, one way or another. I spent the remaining hours holed up in there researching until words stopped making sense.

A dream of bizarre proportions likely commenced, but I simply don't remember it. Balance was probably found in my surroundings of stories bound tightly in innumerable bindings throughout the library, voiceless but without sound.

Anamys
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum