The Republic Of Nasam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruiting and You

Go down

Recruiting and You Empty Recruiting and You

Post  Matrina Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:09 pm

Oh, hello! I didn't see you there.
What's that? You want to know how to recruit for the Republic? Well I can tell you that. Come with me and I'll show you.
*Cue cheesy 60s fade to Stormwind City*
Welcome to Stormwind City; Home of the humans; located in sunny, easy, breezy, beautiful Covergir- I mean Elwynn Forest. Here is where I do most of my recruiting because, for now, humans remain to be in high supply as RPers. So when you send out your recruitment message, you'll be close to the highest probable outcome in regards to their location at present. Having a mage with you also helps seeing as there are no more portals in Dalaran.

Anyways, you first want to create a recruitment macro. Before I continue, make sure you are in the GuildRecruitment channel for cities; it's turned off by default in the interface options under social. After you are in GuildRecruitment, you can start your macro by typing "/marco" (without the quotations in fact, when I tell you tupe something and its in quotes, don't type the quotes). This will open your macro panel. While, macros have an almost unlimited use as hotkeys and for running scripts, we only need a simple chat macro. Next, you'll click [New] which will open another side window where you can create a name and pick an icon for your macro; make it whatever you want. Select [Okay] and your cursor will be in the big box. You will then type "/" and then whatever number your guildrecruitment channel is. For me it is 4 so that's what I'll use. The message part of your macro is pretty much up to you however, we request that you 1) have the guild name, <Republic> just like that; 2) mention that we are a RP PvE PvP guild; and 3) keep the message to one post and one post only, otherwise we lose creditibility. The rest is up to you. You can have the message be in character or out (If you're going to have it IC, make sure you mention the RP PvE PvP part in OOC brackets). You can have the message be on a 'flyer' or just a flat out message in the channel. We recommend that you keep it short, sweet, and to the point. It's advised that you whisper a Rank Five, Senator, District Leader, the General, or Wilhelm your message before you post it for the first time; we will be able to help you if we see any errors.

Now that you have your macro ready, drag and drop the icon onto your action bars and give it a click. ONLY CLICK ONCE! Should you click it more than once, INSTANTLY follow up with an apology for spaming. You can also post the message into general chat of the city just for bonus but make sure you always start with the GuildRecruitment. And now you wait. It's recommended that you wait ten minutes before you post again in the same channel.

So! After a couple minutes, you should get someone that whispers you saying that they are interested. Most of the time the whisper will be OOC and our recruitment questions are OOC.
You must ask the Three Questions:
1. Are you okay with a mature environment?
2. Does your character have a backstory?
3. Do you know how to turn officer chat on?

The answer to these questions have to be Yes. Feel free to make conversation with the possible recruit and see what it is they really want to do. The best way to make friends is if you talk to people. Anyways, if they check out alright, which they should, you can invite them yourself. If you can't invite, have a rank five or higher invite them when they are availble.

See, that wasn't that hard! And for a little extra, people who recruit at least five people in one week will get a little extra bonus at the end of the week. Happy hunting!

Last edited by Matrina on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:13 am; edited 5 times in total

Matrina
Officer

Back to top Go down

Recruiting and You Empty Re: Recruiting and You

Post  Matrina Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:14 pm

Breaking down the Three Questions:

Hello again! I just want to break down the three interview questions for you so you know what to look for in each.

1. Are you okay with a mature environment?
To be honest, we have a very age-mature member base and we say some pretty strange shit in Officer chat and in Vent. It is an absolute must that they are okay with seeing the strange things we say and do in Officer chat.

2. Does your character have a backstory?
This is to make sure that they RP because it is required that you are able to RP in the Republic because we are an RP guild first and foremost. If the possible recruit doesn't have a backstory, ask them if they are willing to RP or respect those who do. If they are willing to RP, then help them get an age, Place of Birth, and parents and the Scholar District can work more with them if they need to.

3. Do you know how to turn officer chat on?
This question is pretty much the only question they can say no to and still get it because it's really easy to explain how to turn on officer chat:
1. Right-click on the General tab
2. Click on the Settings
3. Check the Officer Chat box

Feel free to make a discussion with the recruitee before springing the questions.

Last edited by Matrina on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:10 am; edited 3 times in total

Matrina
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Matrina Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:11 pm

Why hello again! Wow, I'm just seeing you all over the place. I want to tell you something that I found to important to mention but not needed in the beginning.

After you have invited your recruit to the Republic and they have accepted, you should explain to them the districts and try to stick with them as their first guild buddy; you know, show them the ropes and what not.

For the districts, there are four districts: Scholar District, who lead and develope the RP in the guild; Military District, who lead the PvP aspect of the guild; Sentinel District, who lead the PvE aspect of the guild; and Trade District, who are the leveling and introduction district. Try to get them interested in Scholar, Military, or Sentinel but point them at the Trade District because the Trade District will guide them towards another district as well. If you want, feel free to send them to your district because that'll always been an easy choice for you to persuade on.

Explain how guild chat is IC, officer chat is OOC. You will also have to explain to the new recruit that to get Rank One, they need to join a district by getting an IC interview from the District Leader and the Senator from a district, this is the only way to join a district. For the first week or so, be buddies with them until they can make other friends... and people should try to make friends with the new recruits. After a while, they'll make friends and you can be on your way.

And that's my two cents, feel free to do whatever else you want to with your recruit, just so long as it is nice.

OH! And you should also make sure that the new recruit doesn't cause drama. If s/he does, /gkick; we don't tolerate drama llamas.

Matrina
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum