The Republic Of Nasam
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal of mutation: The lightless priest.

2 posters

Go down

Journal of mutation: The lightless priest. Empty Journal of mutation: The lightless priest.

Post  Aritya Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:04 pm

June 14th, Year 30 after the dark portal opening.

My name is Aritya. He said he wants me to write these for science. I know better. He wants me to write so I have to remember what they do to me. It's what he does.

They moved me today, to a place I won't recognize. So even if I escape, I'll probably die from starvation. I won't be able to find my way back. He said, this would be my home. That I would live here until he decides I can go. Which will probably be never. I'm sad...
He told O to beat me until her knuckles bleed. When I fell unconscious, I don't know whether it was from the pain of my body or the pain of my heart. Had the light abandoned my best friend? Will it abandon me?

Aritya
Officer

Back to top Go down

Journal of mutation: The lightless priest. Empty Re: Journal of mutation: The lightless priest.

Post  Aritya Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:49 am

June 15, 30 years after the Opening of the Dark Portal.

They began the physical exam today. They wanted to see how well I can perform tasks with my body. The first exam was a simple one. Walk to the other side of the room. I did. Afterwards, O shattered one of my kneecaps. I nearly fell from the pain right there...but I didn't. If I didn't walk they would take it out on those I love..... I limped forward. It was hard, but I was able to get to the other side of the room, one way or another. Then they shattered my other knee. I collapsed on the spot, wishing for unconsciousness. But my wish wasn't granted. They forced me on me feet and told me to walk. I stood there wobbling, wondering how I was going to be able move at all.
"I can't" I told them, tears streaming down my cheeks.
"Do it anyway." was O's reply.
I knew then I had no choice. I lifted one leg, but my other couldn't take the strain. I collapsed, and began dragging myself with my arms, my useless legs dragging behind me. O went over to him, asking him what she could do next.
He said it was up to her.
She asked for a bowl of water.
He left. I asked what was going to become of me.
"A simple breathing test, since you love water so much." O said.
I waited, knew what was going to happen. She shoved me too my feet, but I heard a voice. It was coming from the feather that she always had in her hair. I don't remember what it said, but the voice itself was a comfort.
When he came back with a big tub of water, I was prepared. O began to sink my head under. A minute passed by. Then another. I was at my limit. Air bubbles began to escalate to the surface as I exhaled all the breath I had pent up in me, but I couldn't inhale. I began struggling against O's grasp, but she had me firm. I was completely at her mercy. I could die right there.
Then again, it wasn't really different from before. Just the water puts everything in perspective.

She pulled me out just as my conscious was fading, which I really hope it would sometime soon. But I still had three more tests.. then I can rest....
Mana capacity.
Endurance.
Pain.

So, we start with mana. I'm allowed to heal myself. Probably the nicest thing That they did to me yet. I heal my shattered knees quicker then I normally do to keep out the pain. I finished faster then I normally do. Of course I knew it would drain me faster. That's how it works.
I wasn't ready for it to drain me that much.
I didn't understand. I wasn't that beyond repair where it would take this much energy to drain me. But it didn't matter too much. the pain was gone. He decided I still had enough left to continue. So, O asked him for something. And he responded by taking his sword and stabbing her arm, right along the bone line. He ordered me to heal it, and if I failed He would hurt my family. I did, with everything I could muster. O was my friend too..... I barely managed to heal it before collapsing, completely drained. After that, I was forced to get up. It was time for the endurance tests.

They had me punch a wall. I rarely punched anything, so I found it difficult at first. After about ten minutes, I had it down, along with badly bruised knuckles. An hour later, my skin began to split, and the wall was covered in blood. Two hours....I wasn't sure how much longer I could go. But I kept at it, because they would hurt my family if I didn't. I had to be kept alive, but not the one's who I love. I could write about how I continued for a long time, thinking of my family, breaking apart the wall and finding my way out. But none of that happened. I broke soon after, clinging to my arm. The test was over.

The last one. Pain. I was to be inflicted pain. That was it. Simple. See how long I could last. At this point I didn't care. What more could they do to me?
A lot, I found out. He left all the work to O. O dragged me to the center of the room and began to pound on me with a mace. She had one hit to my ribs, and aimed another at my face. But He called her out, told her it would kill me, so she redirected and softened the blow so it would crack my ribs instead. I could hear them crack. All I wanted was to go home, I began to think of it, to try to keep my mind off of the pain. O discarded the mace and got a knife, constantly dipping it in vinigear and cutting me. My arms, legs, chest, cheeks, and whatnot, until she ran out. My entire body burned with cuts soaked in what felt like acid. (Which wasn't far off).
But I wasn't done. So they tried something else: Fire. I always hated burns more then any other pain. Today was no exception. So it figures that they would put my hand in a candle. I screemed and resisted more then I had since I was taken, trying to get my hand out, end the pain, but I couldn't.... She pulled my hand out just before it became permanently disfigured, smoke rising from it. At that point I broke, and fell into the slumber I had wanted so long ago.....

Aritya
Officer

Back to top Go down

Journal of mutation: The lightless priest. Empty Re: Lightless Priest

Post  Dahrkness Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:57 am

((wow, things are getting dark. and i'm a rogue!!!))

Vycktor

Dahrkness
Officer

Back to top Go down

Journal of mutation: The lightless priest. Empty Re: Journal of mutation: The lightless priest.

Post  Aritya Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:40 pm

June 16th, Year 30 after the opening of the Dark Portal

I had a brilliant idea today. It was so simple I had wondered why I had not thought of it before. Probably the depression and pain. It was so simple.
I had to get out of there. Escape.
Suddenly, I felt as if my gears were turning. I could maybe muster enough magic for one spell. A fade. That's all it would take.
I had a plan now. I would stand right next to the entryway, so they won't see me at first. I'll fade, and get out. It wasn't much, but it's better then sitting here and taking the torment.
I heard footsteps. It was time. Now or never. I gathered the magic I could. I could hear them startled of my supposed absence. I faded, succeeding only partially, but it was enough, and I ran for the door, sprinting as hard as I could, not daring to stop or look back.
I ran as fast as I could for what felt like an eternity. I could hear O right behind me. I saw a door, salvation or my end. But I was running out of options. I ran through the door, practically tackling my way through it.
I entered what seemed to be a giant chess set. Which that's what exactly what it was, with pieces taller then me. I thought it was perfect. I hid behind one of the pieces to recover my strength.
O threatened to hurt herself. She knew it would hurt me emotionally. We were the closest of friends, despite what was happening now. I turned to face her, begged her to stop. She inched towards me. I knew I was a fool for revealing myself, but what else could I do? I began running again, hiding, when I felt him in my head.

It was a presence I knew by heart.
"Turadis?" I asked it, knowing the answer.
He replied, and I quickly got a hold of him. He asked where I was, was I alright, but I didn't know. I told him I didn't suffer permanent harm.

When the connection broke, I felt a surge of hope. I Began to run to the nearest exit I could find. I don't know how long I was running. A few hours maybe. My lungs were bursting, I was beginning to run out of energy, but I kept running and running.
I ran right into O. And all my escape plans had been ruined in that one instant.

She brought me to a giant banquet hall. I was forced into a chair and tied to it. They set a plate of food in front of me, and asked me if I wanted to eat. Of course I was hungry, they barely fed me scraps, but I wasn't going to give them satisfaction. I saw O sit on his lap, and by his feet, truly becoming his pet. I guess they had a deal, that he would give O any wish that he could, provided O caught me. I saw her whisper her wish.

Was that really all it took to win my best friend, one of the most devout paladins I know, to join her?

She said she wanted me to join them.

I don't want to describe what happened....It's painful...even to think about.... After an event.... he told O that she could do what she wanted with me.

*Tears stain the page, making parts of it illegible. Everything on the next page, describing the rest of the night, are completely illegible.*

Aritya
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Aritya Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:21 pm

June 17th, 30 Years after the opening of the Dark Portal

They didn't do anything to me today.
I was left alone. Maybe too much happened last night. Maybe they forgot about me. (yeah, and pigs can fly). This is probably just another thing. Leaving me alone here, to think about what's happened to me. To drive someone insane. I don't know. If that's the case, it's definitely working. This journal, at first I thought it was a curse. Something for him to laugh at. Something to force my memory.

Now it's my sanity. The only thing keeping me alive. It's all I have left. Except hope.
Hope that someone's coming for me, and they'll find me.
It's for them, that I keep myself intact.
It's for the ones I love. The ones I have to take care of. The friend I have to save.

....Although hope has mislead me before.

Last edited by Aritya on Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aritya
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Aritya Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:27 pm

June 18th, 30 Years after the opening of the Dark Portal

I heard them before I saw them, which isn't really surprising when you aren't even facing the door. He keeled down in front of me, asked me if I was ready? Ready for what? Some new torture device? An experiment? Close enough. I mean, what more could they do to me? Hearing Turadis again had given me hope. I was going to fight this.

So I spat in his face. It sent him a message, that I wasn't going to give in to him. He seemed displeased, which made whatever punishment I would receive worth it. I knew I would pay for it later, but that act of defiance made me feel better then I had in a long time.

Which is funny, because I never approved of violence before. He spoke to O, telling her that I needed to be broken. I was still resisting too much for the experiment.

Something happened I didn't expect then. The feather that O always wears began to glow, and out popped someone I did not expect to see. The person O loved, and still does.
Rultheras Windswept. He came for O, I saw them begin arguing when he summoned a voidwalker, that stopped me from knowing what else happened. Have you ever had a voidwalker stand on top of you? It fills you with fear that blurts out everything else.

When the voidwalker got off of me, I could see O leaving in disgust. She had broken free! She had left him! I was so happy, I could sing. Nothing he could do would break me now. O had left him, O wasn't going to put me in more misery, It wouldn't be O's fault anymore. My friend was no longer corrupt. And I was happy. Nothing would break me.

Of course, he came pretty close. Cutting me in the most painful ways possible, forcing me to bathe in acid. I could feel my skin burning. My heart shrinking, trying to get away. And yet, no matter how close I came to dying, how close I came to finding some way to end the pain, he healed me to the point I would stay conscious, but never enough to alleviate the pain. I screamed and screamed, but no help came. No help could come. I was alone.

But O was out of his grasp. She had fought him. So, I was going to too. Turadis would come, he said he would. O can help him now. I can't stay with him much longer now. We had won.

Of course, I had to force myself to think this. Which is hard when your body is submerged in acid.

Aritya
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Aritya Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:19 pm

June 19, 30 Years after the opening of the Dark Portal.

He came to me, he said that he had convinced O to come back. He needed me out of the picture temporarily, so he could get O to hate me. For this, he had someone better. At first, i had no idea what he was saying. Then it struck me. He used the same tactic last time. As I realized this, I saw her.

An exact clone of me. I don't know when he took my blood for her. Probably when I was sleeping. But, I knew now, he could harm O through me, get her permanently on his side. It was over. With this, he could win. Unless I could get O to listen to me, convince her that this was a clone. Assuming I ever got the chance.

He bound me, forced me to drink an invisibility potion, and gagged me, so when he came back with O, I was forced to sit there and watch as she told O lies. Lies about her friends, lies about me, to force her to hate me. She told me that Aros let her hurt him, because it was my idea, that if we could trick her, she would go back to normal.....I wanted to scream, but I couldn't.

I could only sit there and watch, as he broke her further, driving her to him.

I hated my powerlessness.

I hated more seeing her in pain, in confusion.

There is nothing left.

I will set this right....... Once I figure out how.

Aritya
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Aritya Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:39 pm

June 20, 30 Years after the opening of the Dark Portal.

I heard strange noises today. As if someone was fighting. The clashing of swords. It must have been my imagination. But it didn't go away. The fighting continued for some time. It must have been someone real. I jumped, excited that someone might be here for me. I wanted to scream, give out my location, but at that moment my clone had begun to put me in a choke hold. After awhile, the fighting had stopped, and I can only surmise my rescuer had failed.

Silence. Even my clone was pretty behaved. Then she went upstairs, as if under a new order. Two minutes later, I felt a large explosion shake even this room, even though it was far away.

So much for any chance that I could be rescued. Or that whoever tried lived.

Aritya
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Aritya Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:48 pm

June 21, Year 30 after the opening of the Dark Portal.

Nothing happened today. It was hard to imagine why. Then I realized, today was the day of the gnometech prom. I guess I won't be able to go. I hope Zack found someone and went. He would enjoy the fireworks a lot. They are always spectacular. Missing it hurts a lot, but given my current status, I guess missing a prom is really the least of my concerns.

It would be nice, to see everyone, be there, have a fun time though.... With all the dancing... and the music. I can smell the delicous food that would have been served.......

I guess it's all in a dream.

Oh well, I guess, If I live through this, there's always the winter's veil dance. Maybe I can ask...my friend to go to that one.

Aritya
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Aritya Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:10 pm

June 22nd, 30 Years after the opening of the Dark Portal

He briefly visited me today. He told me that O was coming today, and that I had to keep my mouth shut. So, he performed a simple seal. To my surprise, it was actually quite painless. He told me if I spoke, the seal would activate and bring immense pain. Then he left, without hurting me. Which I thought was strangely kind. Well, in comparison to the last few times he visited.
An few hours past, O visited, just as he said she would. I tried to tell her what had happened, instantly, even if he "sealed" me or whatever. She needed to know.

I wasn't ready for how much pain it would cause. I felt as if life would end, there. I couldn't speak. I could hardly breathe. But eventually....through codes...and a lot of pain..... I managed to tell her. She viewed him as the puppeteer now, not me. Not Nasam. And my friend was back....Hopefully. We decided to keep up an act against him, secretly though. So, I still had to go though pain and torment. But, at least she wasn't following him blindly.

Of course, it still didn't help too much with the torture that followed. It still hurt.....

I still never wanted any of it to occur again.....

Aritya
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Aritya Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:28 am

June 23rd, 30 Years after the opening of the Dark Portal
O came today, unsurprisingly followed by Him. What was surprising was that another friend, Akavas, came as well. Another friend of mine, he was a death knight with a kind heart. Had he been forced? Taken, as I was, to be used as an experiment? It did put me on edge a little....but akavas was a death knight. He would fare better then I would.

I asked him if he had been taken. I wish I hadn't. Because, Akavas had joined with Rensent. So, first I lose O, then I lose Akavas. And, what's more, He came with a very ominous looking device. It looked like a tank, connected to a tube, the other end attatched to what I recognized as an Auto-Injector. A device used, like the name implies, to release medicine into the bloodstream by the press of a button. Only, in my case, it probably wasn't medicine, considering the size of the tank. Which was about the same size as a gnome.

They forced me too my feet, O held me from behind. I was forced to drink a potion of numbness. I was helpless as they stabbed the needle into my heart just gently enough not to cause damage. Well, permanent damage. Then he pressed the button. The tank emptied after what felt like an eternity. They left me, and I began to feel it as the potion wore off.

Cold....
Everything was cold. I could feel cold running through my veins. That's all there was.
Was I dying?
Had they messed up? Had I died?

As if a reminder that I was alive, They came back. Akavas wanted to do surgery. He took a knife, and cut open my leg.

Everything was cold.

Akavas took out my bone, handing it to O. She began to carve something on it with a knife.

Everything was cold.

She revealed to me she had engraved her name on it.

Everything was cold.

They put back the bone and sew it back up. I don't think they did it right. It still felt dislocated.

And everything was cold.

There was nothing but the cold.

Aritya
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum